Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Please buy my house!

Beloveds company has decided to pay for a repaint of our exterior trim and complete repaint of the interior. It's generally been agreed that the new trim will use one of the shades from the brick facade which probably will look nice. I purposely hadn't wanted the trim to blend with the brick, but since it won't be my house anymore it will be okay. Naturally, the interior will be some neutral shade with white trim as that seems to be the "thing" to do. I have loved my colors and will never regret changing from the all white but, once again, I won't be here so it won't matter. It's a little disappointing to me that no-one else has been able to see the vision when so many guests to my home have expressed how homey and comforting it was. At the same time, if we do have a house built we plan on going with what I think of as a "hobbit house" decor. I'm thinking parchment colored walls and medium wood tone trim, although the upgrade trim provided is white so I don't know how to make that work, with accents of the burgundy, forest, and antique gold. It will have a little less visual impact but for a strong introvert like beloved that will make it more restful when he gets home from work, and that's an important thing to keep in mind too.

No comments: