Saturday, March 28, 2009

I didn't need oxygen anyway

So, there I was, two days after a blizzard, with all the windows in the house open and it was all the fault of my new best friend. Who I seriously hope never to see again. Some may wonder what the name of this unpopular friend would be. The answer is Goof-off!

I swear by Dog and a stack of Bibles that from now on that if I paint I will immediately clean up anything that I spill and not leave it on doors and cupboards for four years to harden into colorful little rock streaks. Even with Goof-off the removal process required hours and a huge helping of elbow grease which is causing me to want to fall over from exhaustion as I write this.

My husband, who took the kids to his parents to confine all potential brain-damage to one family member, kept calling throughout the day to make sure I hadn't passed out or anything. He even offered to come back and help me but I couldn't think of anything for him to do except add some muscle and since he's the breadwinner it didn't seem practical to have him losing IQ points along with me.

Fortunately, I'm done with all that. Now I can move on to: touching up the paint in every room, cleaning every room in a way it's never seen before, and pulling all the weeds that missed the memo that it was too early to grow yet. See, nearly done.

No comments: