Monday, June 29, 2009

IM

Being dragged kicking and screaming into this technology age . Beloved just showed me how to IM after IMing eldest daughter this afternoon to tell her to ask me to turn on my phone, which was off due to a doctor's appointment. I've actually been quite proud of deserving the name "urban Amish" ever since I nearly laughed myself sick hearing it on Jeopardy. Heck, until I joined Ravelry I had no use for the Internet except to play webgames. Everything changes I guess.

Since he knows how much wasted time I spend at the computer I can expect to get lots of reminders now that he can IM as well as e-mail. Hopefully they will be gentle, but with only a couple of weeks 'til move day, if his company gets its act together, I have to admit that a sense of urgency is starting to develop.

No comments: