Sunday, July 12, 2009

Countdown

On Thursday the moving company comes to box up all our possessions and Friday the boxes go in the truck. A lot of people have said how busy they think I must have been until now but I really haven't. Admittedly, without my MIL I would have been a good deal busier, but since she's been doing the kid packing and making Beloveds lunches there hasn't been much for me to do the last couple of weeks. Mostly I've just been helping as necessary, or staying out of the way whichever seems to work at the time.

That's all going to change now. MIL is still going to be helping, but now we're at the point where I'm the one who has to do a lot of the little things, such as washing out trash cans, that need to be done to get ready. I'm also planning on going through my crafts and a lot of general household items to decide what needs to be given away and I'm the only one who can do that.

I seem to have hit a point where the move is almost a relief instead of scary, although we would much prefer that the house was sold. We've known for so long that we "might" be moving that to actually do so is actually the lifting of a mental burden instead of an increase.

No comments: