Monday, January 24, 2011

That word that means "putting off a task"

Procrastination. I knew I'd think of it if I got started.

Anyway, the handspun vest I made for mom for Christmas didn't fit. She tried really hard to convince herself and me that it did but before long it became clear I'd need to start again. I'm using the same basic design as for the first but have changed the stitch pattern slightly as well as adding a third yarn to the row repeats.

I worked very hard to from the starting point of the vest to the place where I have to break all the yarns and start on the other shoulder, maybe a third of the entire vest finished. It has now been at least two weeks since I worked on it at all and I'm trying to think of a way to get myself moving again. I'm considering using the second end of each yarnball instead of cutting the yarn, which I think is the cause of my reluctance, but with three different yarns that may well create an incredibly tangled mess.

I wonder if a couple of rum and colas would help me get over my inhibitions or just create a self fulfilling prophesy.

1 comment:

Kitten said...

Silly to comment on my own post, but I'd like to explain that I really _couldn't_ remember the word "procrastination" until I started the post.

I suppose this invokes the rule of comedy "if you have to explain the joke it wasn't funny to start with".