Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A comedy ?! of, well..something

The colorful additions to my last couple of posts show that everything did eventually work out all right. It was just 48 hours of *head/desk* moments to get there.

Sunday I decided that I would indeed get pictures of the various projects before mailing them on Monday. To this end I got up and went to get the camera, which is where I met my first roadblock. The camera wasn't where I was sure it would be. In fact, I spent the entire rest of the day looking in one place or another as possibilities came to mind. At about 11:00 p.m. I found a camera, but I didn't recognize it and it wasn't in the camera case I was looking for.

The next day I asked my son if he had any ideas where the camera had gotten to, not that I thought he'd taken it, and he showed me the digital that was in the game cabinet. I recognized that one even less, which meant that the one I'd found earlier was indeed the one I'd been looking for. Yes, somehow a person who hates cameras has ended up with two digitals, both gifts (I suppose in the hope that I would take pictures for the grandparents).

What might next have been an obstacle wasn't, I guess something went right in the process after all. I had gotten a big package of new batteries even though I couldn't find the camera. Son and I had a bad moment after putting the batteries in though, as the camera wouldn't turn on until we opened and closed the battery holder multiple times (possibly due to visible corrosion from the former batteries). There was finally a beep and we were able to see the pictures from our last family trip to Yellowstone so I was feeling optimistic.

I was feeling so optimistic that I decided to have Son help me get pictures of items before he went to school this morning. To get started I wanted to upload and check a couple of the older pictures so I sat at the computer and got out the connector cable. I felt physically ill as I realized that what I had was an adapter cable not the one belonging to the camera.

After a bit of muttering and general grumpiness I decided to go ahead and take the pictures, and even let Son take a few of the critters, and just hope that I would remember where the cable could be. Failing a flash of insight I hoped that Radio Shack might carry cables for six-year-old cameras since otherwise our Yellowstone photos were probably toast which did make me sort of sad.

At about 2:00 p.m. today I decided to try the box where I'd found the camera, which is less obvious than it seems since the camera wasn't supposed to have been in a cardboard packing box to start with. To my partial surprise the cable was indeed there mixed in with some of John's old pens and general what-do-I-do-with-this sort of stuff.

Now we'll see what sort of picture taking monster AVI's challenge has created as I use the links between my project page on Ravelry and this blog to let the world know the wonders that are my projects. Bwhahahaha...um..yeah.

No comments: