Thursday, June 23, 2011

Gulp!

Tuesday and Wednesday I attended my second-ever homeschool conference. The first was in PA when Eldest Kidlet was either an infant or not yet born so it's been quite a while in between.

I'm very proud of myself on two counts. The first is that I bought absolutely nothing on the first day, confining myself exclusively to attending lectures and gathering information. The second is that I took all four kids with me the second day. Actually, they were wonderfully behaved even with attending two lectures and spending several hours on the sales floor. Of course the bribe of a book or art project for good behavior probably didn't exactly hurt.

The "gulp" in the title is that we've gotten the curriculum and are really going to do this thing. Something that makes it a little less scary is that the kids are already showing more interest in what they're going to be learning than they did at any time last year. I just checked the accuracy of that statement with Eldest Kidlet and she says she's "More excited for this coming year than for all the previous years combined."

No comments: