Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mommykitten as Mastermind

Son has a habit of picking a word and then saying it at random intervals for several week or months after which he moves on to a new equally random word. This annoys me. A lot. In the last six months or so we have been treated to exclamations of bacon!, tomato! and, most recently, spleen! and I have become quite tired of it.

About a week ago I came up with the perfect counter attack. Every time I hear spleen! and it's not used correctly in a sentence Son has to go look on Wikipedia, yes I know that won't work for everything but it's a start, and find me a new and interesting fact about the subject. He's decided that spleens are actually very cool and under known organs, and his continued research has led him to decide that he never wants to use kidney! as his word as they are decidedly not cool, just disgusting. Considering that this is a child who never wants to do research projects I feel very crafty for getting him started. Who knows, maybe he'll develop an interest in medicine. Even if he doesn't though, we'll both have gotten some interesting facts such as the 1X3X5X7X9X11 mnemonic for the anatomy of a spleen.

No comments: