Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Events fully deserving of a "Hey Nonny-nonny"

The sink and dishwasher are working again and dishes were washed last night.

The Hey Nonny-nonny (because "Huzzah" isn't celebratory enough) comes from the fact that a plumber wasn't used. I called one yesterday but upon getting his voice-mail decided to call my dad, who's about 900 miles away, just to see what his thoughts were. After a couple times of "uhm.. it would have helped if you gave me that information earlier" since I didn't know what symptoms were important and what wasn't, we came to the conclusion that it was a simple clog between the disposal and trap and something Son and I could handle.

While I was getting the safety inspection for the car the Kidlets cleared out the cupboard, and washed everything off when it was time for it to go back in, and got a flashlight and drain-pan ready so everything was set when I got home. When I was ready to get started (which took a little longer than getting the stuff ready) I called dad and with him on the phone Son and I took off the, fortunately just finger tightened, affected pipes and sure enough there was a big clog and everything worked great after that.

So, my dad's a genius, my kids are awesome helpers and I didn't have to pay for a plumber. I like this outcome a whole lot better than what I was expecting.

No comments: