Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Things I've learned

That I'm sure are pretty obvious to everyone.

There is a reason most people don't begin practicing a martial art when nearly 40. I actually did take a modified karate as my PE requirements at the junior college I attended so some of the things are familiar on an intellectual/muscular level. If that weren't the case I don't think I'd be able to do Tae Kwon Do at all. As it is, I'm sure the kids will shoot past me in terms of ability very quickly. Particularly, since they often practice during the week and I don't.

Something else I've learned, is that I really am a cat person. I enjoy playing with Hank a lot and he's a great dog, my in-laws threatened to kidnap him if they hadn't been traveling by plane, it's just that dogs sound so moist all the time. Well, that and the fact that I've never had a 30 pound cat (much less one that thought I should be it's pillow all day, every day). Honestly, I question both the intelligence and taste of any being who is so devoted to me. I'm not that devoted to me. Prehaps there-in lies the attraction of dogs?

No comments: