Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy birthday to me!

The six cubic yards of mulch that I ordered Friday was delivered this morning as scheduled. Son, Littlest Kidlet and I have moved a decent amount of it so far but need to finish getting it spread as the pile is blocking the garage. It's important to do this quickly since a large portion of my nursery order showed up on Saturday. I now have almost two dozen fruit trees (hurrah for dwarf varieties) and berry bushes either soaking or just plain waiting to get planted.


This is actually phase two since "phase one" was clearing the front flower beds of the dark, heavy, mosquito havens that passed for bushes there. Son and I planted a number of yellow "Knock-out" roses as well as some herbs and other edible flowers.

There are some more flowers scheduled to go in once the rest of my order gets here (and of course the beds got mulched today while this picture is a little older) but I'm generally very satisfied with the results.

No comments: