Friday, January 30, 2009

Catching up

I noticed that I had a lot of catching up to do from my former posts so here goes.

The commissioned shawl was finished in about a month, blocked quite nicely, payed for promptly, and (I assume) shipped to it's intended owner.

Along with the new windows we now have new paint, and I no longer feel ill every time I see it. Let's just say I learned my lesson about the need to take paint samples outside before choosing colors. I still like the color as it looks inside the garage, but it's a whole lot brighter outside. Fortunately, my husband doesn't hate it. He says it looks cheerful, especially on cloudy days when everyone elses' looks gloomy. Almost makes me wish for more gloomy days here in old CO. Almost, but not quite.

My sister loves her blanket. The colors are perfect, it's soft, wonderful, etc. There's just one tiny problem. Weaving a plaid means lots and lots of ends, all of which are trying to work their way loose again. Need to check w/tri-loom group see if they have any ideas to stop the lil buggers.

No comments: