Thursday, March 19, 2009

My blog keeps me from blogging

There is probably one single factor that interferes most with getting a post in. That factor is...my blogger's dashboard. My dashboard is wonderful. It has the approximately half dozen blogs that I follow all in a tidy accessible area as well as a listing of recent posts from all of them. Thus, whenever I open my blog I am immediately welcomed into a fascinating world of other people's blog posts. Their commenters are generally great as well and that naturally doubles the time of reading. In fact, for the several months in which I never posted I was still accessing my blog every day. To read other peoples posts. Endlessly. And check for comments. Many times a day. Somehow I never quite found the time to actually write anything myself. It was only with the group challenge that I decided to write about whatever I thought and not worry about how bored a potential reader might be. Upside, I have written for four days straight. Downside, at this quality of writing I'll be lucky if I can even get my family to read. Oh well, I guess what's never writ is never read and this way there's at least something for some brave soul to try to wade through.

No comments: