Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring break at the in-laws

Spring break has sprung for the short types. Given that getting the house ready to sell is the main focus of the adults in our household, I am so glad to be spending the first couple of days with my in-laws. While here I will be getting a break as well. The times that we spend here are generally as close to a vacation as I come. No chores, no meal planning, little to no responsibility of any kind. Heaven, in other words. I do feel sorry for my MIL though as she is essentially getting six children, even if only for a short time.

This is something that I will miss terribly when we move away. In fact, it is one of the few things I come close to actually being afraid about. I have never raised four children without the support of four grandparents only half-an-hour away if an emergency comes up, and such a situation has arisen a couple of times in the last four and a-half years. The meals my MIL has sent for my Beloveds lunches because "there's just so many left-overs" or my dad picking up the kids from school because the youngest got sick in the middle of the day and I was stuck at the doctor's office. All these are things that I tried not to rely on, although the meal thing I did get sort of addicted to, but were a comforting presence in the back of my mind. I've always said that I can do anything I really need to, and I will manage to do this to. I just don't know how yet.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hope that you enjoy your spring break.