Thursday, February 3, 2011

One down


I finished mom's Christmas vest although I am cheating a little as I'm sending her three crocheted buttons and she can choose how many she wants to use and where exactly to place them. Now I'm on to my MIL's B-day scarf which I think I've finally decided on a pattern for. The two ounces of mohair and wool fiber didn't spin up in to nearly as much yarn as I was expecting so I've been trying to figure out ways to add in another yarn, much as I did with mom's vest. Unfortunately, this has led to about half a dozen false-starts and has put me rather behind my hoped-to-be-done deadline, IOW there's no way I'm going to have it finished for her birthday, two days from now, much less sent. I think I've found a lace pattern though that will accomodate the original yarn and still make a significant sized scarf.

No comments: