Sunday, February 27, 2011

Foothandshoes


Since gloves are literally "handshoes" in German it seems like footgloves is just as good a name for this item as toesocks which is, I believe, the correct name. Eldest Kidlet refused to wear these when my mom got them so I said I'd take them even though, or perhaps because, they are nothing like what I usually wear. In my case they're for night wear and it turns out there's a couple of problems with this. One is that, just as with gloves and hands, they don't keep the feet as warm as a regular sock. The other difficulty is getting the darn things on. Think gloves on half paralyzed hands and that gives a decent idea of the chore it is to get every toe into its proper slot, and only its proper slot. Even though I'm still contemplating trying to knit Japanese style sandal stockings I seriously doubt I'll end up trying to make toesocks.

No comments: