Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Soon my name will be in lights!


Well, relatively speaking anyway. One of the side-affects of having the camera up and running is that I have been updating my Ravelry project page fairly consistently since projects with pictures are much more interesting than those without. A side-affect of that is my checking at least once a day, and often multiple times, to see how many "views" my various projects have gotten. These numbers often won't change for several days to a week but they can change rapidly as well. I suppose it depends on if a particular project gets a lot of "buzz" for some reason.


There is the option of linking a particular project to any of the groups that a Raveler is in and, of course, more groups linked equals a higher chance of getting views. An example of this would be my "Half-circle thistle shawl" that I linked to twenty groups and have recieved 479 views, 25 "favorites" and six comments in the last app. two years. There is a, fairly new, tab at each project for the viewer to click if the description has helped them in any way and I have three "helped" as well.


Interestingly the shawl pictured above, a half-hex from a pattern by the same designer, has gotten three "views" and one "helped" in the week since I listed it and I haven't linked it to any of my groups. One of the views and the "helped" came sometime today and, since I didn't link it, I have no idea how the other Ravelers have found it. I suppose the most likely way is that they followed a link to one of the other projects, from there to my general page, and then to this specific project. It will be interesting to see if that particular shawl starts to get a lot of interest or if this was a fluke.

No comments: