Tuesday, March 1, 2011

You're very welcome


I just got a card from mom telling me how much she likes her vest and that she got a lot of compliments. This is always very gratifying, and particularly in regards to completely original projects that I was a little nervous about.I put up a different photo of the vest than I have in the past since I wanted to show a closer view of the colors and stitch pattern, and there wasn't a picture of it yet on this page of the blog.
Speaking of vests, the right half of Peggy's vest has become the left since she said it didn't matter much to her what stitch I used and I decided I liked the purl side of the work better. Of course I decided this after using a three-needle bind-off, which means a thickish seam, to finish the first half. This meant that I had to put everything back on the needles, turn the work inside-out and bind off from the knit side. The measurements are close enough that I'm fairly confidant of everything working out. The only way to know for sure will be to finish it and let Peggy try it.

No comments: