Monday, February 21, 2011

Hi world




Well I didn't get the camera out today, which turns out to be a good thing since I need to get a picture of Middlest Kidlet for her student of the week poster. That being the case, I thought I'd take this opportunity to do an introduction post since it turns out I never did.

My name is Naomi and my family, after the death of my husband last summer from cancer, is Eldest Kidlet, Son, Middlest Kidlet, Littlest Kidlet, Patches the Guinea Pig, and Eevie the cat. When it's all listed out that way it seems like a pretty full house but I'm actually thankful for the kids as they help me keep going without my high school sweetheart and greatest cheerleader. They're also very helpful around the house and such, sometimes even voluntarily.

I'm an avid needleworker (having started when I was about seven), reader, and watcher of TV(particularly anime and mysteries). I am an anything but avid housekeeper, and anyone reading this can tell that my grasp of correct punctuation and grammar leaves a lot to be desired( although the increased time I'm spending blogging is definitely improving my spelling). If it helps any, John said the flow of my written sentences is almost exactly how I actually speak, so a reader is getting my true voice at least.

The name of the blog comes from the fact that I had looked into blogging from the Town Hall site and one of their questions was, "what is your nickname?". I don't really have an official nickname but John called me "Princess", and "Kitten", and the kids were young enough to call me "Mommy" so I ran them all together and decided it was cute, which is important to me for whatever reason.

I'm never quite sure where to draw the line, in terms of net anonymity, but this seems like a reasonable picture of myself without spilling too many beans. Hopefully there will be pictures up tomorrow, or I could actually post about the books I've been reading instead of just writing about them in my head.
Added critter photos taken by Son last week and Blogger won't let me do a paragraph break to say so.

No comments: