Sunday, February 20, 2011

-Yes- I remember!

Said in the tone of an adolescent asked about a task they haven't done. In this case the vest for Peggy that I mentioned as my next big project and then promptly went on to do scarves and tidies and any number of other things that weren't at all vest related. It turns out that there's nothing like a technically fairly simple, I very rarely do anything truly simple, but physically more challenging basketweave stitch purse to make a technically challenging but quick to work up new design a lot more attractive. Now the purse is probably about 1/5 done and the vest about 1/4 so I guess it's working out pretty well.

I'll add pictures when I do one of my camera blitzes. The blitzes are necessary because brand new batteries only have about a 4 hour life-span in the camera I actually know how to use. With that being the case, I have to get pictures of everything I think I'll need pictures of anytime soon, upload them both to this computer and Flickr, and get the batteries out again in the hopes that I'll get four to six uses from them. I need to get a picture of the latest thank you scarf, called "Thank-you again" tomorrow so it can go to the recipient so I should have a bunch of pictures to add then.

2 comments:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Just dropping by to say hi. I'll do a kid update - son #4 in particular - later in the week, if he successfully makes it to Tromso, Norway as planned. Quite a story.

Kitten said...

Thanks for dropping by. You've created quite a monster here as you can see. What's particularly funny is that when you described this site as a needlework blog my first reaction was disagreement. Maybe it's your psychiatric background, but apparently you knew what this blog was meant to be before I did!

I think I remember you alluding to a potential daughter-in-law. Does this trip have anything to do with that?