Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Yarn, yarn, yarn, yarn, yarn ,yarn, yarnity, yarn








This is all my yarn. Okay, no it's not. It's all my yarn that isn't in the bookcase on the other side of the room or currently involved in a project of some kind. So it is most of my yarn. I like having it out and available as inspiration for projects. They're also a good reminder that I already have ten pounds of yarn and should probably look through that before buying more.
I'm quite proud of the bags on the floor, since I made them. As the picture shows, they are color-coordinated to the skeins they hold and sized based on my general use of those colors. I do foresee a potential problem if my color preferences change dramatically, but they're a lot better than the opaque containers and bags that the yarn was in to start with.
The yarn wall represents twenty years of spinning. Most of the handspun is a good deal newer than that, but I just recently washed one of my first skeins and that has to be at least twenty years old.

2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

That is a *lot* of yarn, although my fabric stash is worse. I've been sewing a lot longer than I've been knitting.

kitten said...

Good to hear from you Barb.

Yes it certainly is a lot of yarn. next year will make 30 that I've been crocheting and I'm fairly certain I don't have any yarn from back then. I'd hate to have to take an oath on it though.